Kayci is a founding partner of Fleming Petenko Law where she focuses her practice on advising a variety of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations, including private foundations, public charities, and donor-advised funds.
Immediately prior to forming Fleming Petenko Law, Kayci worked for another boutique law firm providing legal advice and services to nonprofit organizations. Additionally, she was a tax associate in the Tax Advisory Group of an accounting firm, where she provided clients with a wide range of tax consulting services and specialized in state and local taxation. Kayci also has significant law firm experience representing clients in corporate, financial, real estate, and litigation matters. She has advised clients on compliance issues, corporate governance matters, and contract negotiation.
Kayci speaks frequently on legal matters related to the operation of nonprofit organizations and is an adjunct professor at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, baking, and volunteering at several nonprofits in her local community.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, with distinction
- Rutgers University School of Business, M.B.A., cum laude
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D.
- Tulane University Freeman School of Business, B.S.M.
- Forum of Executive Women
- The Irish American Business Chamber & Network, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association’s Tax Council, elected member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Charitable Organizations Committee Council, appointed member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Charitable Organizations Committee & Young Lawyers Division, appointed liaison
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association Business Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association Business Law Section, Nonprofit Organizations Committee, Member
- American Bar Association Nonprofit Lawyer Awards: Outstanding Young Lawyer Recipient
- Selected as a Pennsylvania Legal Awards 2021 Lawyers on the Fast Track by The Legal Intelligencer
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (nonprofit and charities law)
- Selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Named to Irish Legal 100
- Temple University Beasley School of Law Graduate Tax Faculty Award Recipient
- Pro Bono Publico Award for Significant Service Recipient
- Mary Philbrook Public Interest Award Recipient
- Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion, Business and Marketing Editor
- Mural Arts, Advisory Council Co-Chair
- Board Observer Program, Steering Committee Member
- Junior League of Philadelphia, Sustainer
- Philadelphia STEM Equity Collective, Member
- South Jersey Nonprofit Summit, Advisory Committee
- Non Profit Development Center of Southern New Jersey, former Board Member
- Mentor for Pennsylvania Bar Association & Philadelphia Bar Association
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) & Military VITA, Volunteer Tax Instructor & Preparer
- “#TaxAmnestyForOnlineSellers, MTC’s Online Marketplace Seller Voluntary Disclosure Initiative,” HBK Insights, September 7, 2017
- “Philly’s Soda Tax: The Final Straw?,” HBK Insights, May 9, 2017